A Special Place for Special People
Our Retirement Home
Admissions are coordinated through the Administration office
Tours are provided by appointment through the Administrations Office 8:30a.m - 4:00pm. Monday through Friday. Please call (705)752-1100
Visiting hours: We recommend 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Dr. Larry Woodward, Dr. Kristin Rogers, and Ruth Woodward Nurse Pratitioner provide medical services to the residents. If a resident wishes to retain their own physician, arrangements must be made with Nipissing Manor.
Nursing and Personal Care
Registered Nurses are available 24 hours per day. A care plan is developed by the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team and the resident or substitute decision maker on admission and is updated as required. Resident care conferences are held annually with the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team.
Other Professional Services
Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology services are available on site on a referral basis.
Physiotherapy Restorative Care services are available on site Monday through Friday.
Dental Hygienist services are available on site on a referral fee for service basis.
Excellent home cooked meals are prepared on site. All therapeutic and regular menus are developed in consultation with our Registered Dietitian. There are two menu cycles, winter/spring and summer/fall.
|Life Enrichment Activities
- We provide a wide variety of social, intellectual/cognitive, recreational, physical, spiritual and intergenerational programs. Programs are offered daily – mornings, afternoons and evenings. Our programs include:
- Wheelchair accessible nature trails in our Therapeutic Park
- Wii and X-Box 360 games
- Resident E-mail and Skype program
- Multi-denominational spiritual services and Pastoral visits
- Intergenerational programs
- Residents' Council
- Family Council
- Community partnerships
- Volunteer Program (160+ volunteers) including annual Ontario Volunteer Service Awards and Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
Retirement Home Lounge
Therapeutic Park Nature Trail
We implement fully the Residents' Bill of Rights under the Retirement Homes Act 2010 and regulations.
All our rooms provide private accommodation. Our rates are priced competitively.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have my own telephone, television and computer in my bedroom?
All rooms are wired for cable television and telephone. Wall mounted TV is permitted, maximum 26". Arrangements can be made for internet services. Residents are responsible for activation and billings of telephone and cable services.
Can I bring my own furniture?
- We provide a bed, bedside table, and a chair. Residents can bring their own memorabilia in order to personalize their room. Rooms cannot be overcrowded or unsafe.
Can my family and friends join me for meals?
- Arrangements can be made for visitors to dine with residents for a nominal charge. Minimum 24 hours advance notice is required.
Are laundry services are available?
- All linens and towels are provided. All residents clothing, linens and towels are laundered by us at no additional cost. Arrangements may be made for dry cleaning at the resident's expense.
Are housekeeping services available?
- Daily housekeeping services are provided at no additional cost.
Can I take a vacation?
- Vacation may be taken at the resident's discretion.
Can I bring a pet?
- Pets that are properly certified are allowed to visit, must be on a leash and under the control of an adult at all times. Only service animals are permitted in dining rooms. Residents are not allowed to have their pets reside in the home.
Do we admit smokers?
- Residents who are assessed to be capable of smoking without supervision may smoke outside the building in the designated smoking area.
Can I share a room with my spouse?
- We encourage spouses to share accommodation whenever possible.
Can I keep my own Physician?
- Residents may keep their own physician providing the Physician meets the requirements as outlined by Nipissing Manor.
1202 Hwy. 94, Corbeil, ON P0H 1K0 (705)752-1100 Email: email@example.com